Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow

Mornings like these....when it's cool, overcast, and there is just that "feeling" in the air that takes me back to living on my farm as a child in Ames, Nebraska.

Waking up to the hum of Dad's machinery outside the house was such a reassuring feeling.  Another harvest, another year of his hard labor about to pay off.  After a summer of praying for rain, we now switched gears to praying for no rain and plenty of sunshine to finish drying up the crops so that harvest can begin! Mom made everything fun, sometimes we would have a family bonfire, or picnic, or some other creative way to celebrate. A music loving family, my mother would burst into song often - one of her favorites being the "Doxology" once the last field was done and we could celebrate and give thanks for His faithfulness.

It's kind of like that for me at the start of a another school year.  I hold my breathe during March, April and May during reenrollment and official "recruiting" season. Then on that last Friday in September when the "official count" day rolls around I can breath again.  Another "Crop" in and I can start to plan, focus and pray for next years seeds, cultivation, watering and harvest.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW
He is faithful!








Comments