It's All About the Heart

With this blog,  I was hoping that I could give you a peek into how God moves over Lincoln Christian and the people that He brings our way.  Thankfully, today - I have a story to share about just that. I feel handicapped in a way to not be able to share in detail, but in order to protect them I can only share some of the story.

You see, many families feel strongly about education and the choices they make in this area. Some swing to the Christian education side and others - do not.  Either way, as long as families are in obedience to Him in what His plan is for them, that is what I believe truly matters.

Today, I met with a sweet mom who felt that their family was not called to Christian education.  But then, recently one of her children began asking if they could please give Lincoln Christian School a try.  "It's funny",  she said, "we don't really know anyone here, and my child doesn't have a good friend attending here",  so they were unsure of where this desire even came from.  Nevertheless,she decided to explore the idea.  She came expecting us to be rigid, strict and maybe even secretly hopeful that if she found those to be true, then it would end the discussion at their house about transferring to Lincoln Christian.  That way they could continue on with the plan they had laid out for their family.

What she found here was not what she expected.  Direct answers about what we teach, excellent academic records, friendly parent volunteers in the hallways greeting her, even sharing their experiences with her, happy voices in the lunchroom, parents interacting during the school day in classrooms and hallways. Teachers, willing to stop what they were doing to find textbooks for her to thumb through.  A principal eager to answer questions and offer up his time to dig deeper into what her child needs...and let me tell you, she asked some TOUGH QUESTIONS!  I was sweating!

When we ended our time, she was tearful and apologizing for becoming emotional.  But...I have seen this many times before and knew this to be the work of God in her.  I am blessed to be a witness to the moving hand of God over people's hearts when they are here.  It still touches me to the core to witness His moving. Thankfully I don't know the condition of people's hearts, but can say that this moms' heart...was touched.   I was blessed beyond words by her honesty, her inner beauty and desire to meet her children's specific needs. Willing to put her own plans aside to benefit her children. Sometimes what we plan for our lives - isn't what happens.  I don't know the end of this story yet, but  I take comfort in God's word and the reminder that He is in control!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.  Isaiah 55:8 





Comments