Silent Living




As I've said so many times before, I am not a blogger, I don't enjoy all the scrutiny from critics who happen to read what I write...and let's face it, writing isn't my gift. Talking has always been my "gift", but sometimes, you feel compelled to put finger to keyboard.

For two years I've had health challenges, one of them affecting my vocal chords making it hard to get the strength to talk for very long and singing has been impossible for over a year. If you know me at all, you will understand that my entire life was compromised of those two things...talking and singing.  (sometimes to the point of getting tired of hearing my OWN voice!)

My daily ritual for many years has been singing and praying in my car on the way to work or any drive alone anywhere.  It focuses me and gives my heart so much encouragement that a bad day was just not possible after immersing myself in the riches of words and music. At first, I just kept trying to sing but the discomfort and effort drained me. Shortly after leaving my job at the school I realized the timing was exactly as it should be with my voice unable to talk more than an hour at a time.

Why am I sharing any of this?  I was convicted to the core when I realized if I had no voice ever again to talk or sing...would my actions be enough to reflect my heart and passions?  Quite sadly, the answer is no, I have leaned on words far too long, time to start putting my heart into action as much as my body will allow me.   I am still listening to my music and praying, but I can only hum along with the music and the prayers are much shorter. (which might be ok since I tend to ramble on in my prayers)

Of course, every good blogger knows that you have to end with a question to engage your audience, so how about you? Are your actions reflective of your heart?  As I journey into this new world of silent living, I pray that God will give my body the strength to love well.



Comments