Necessary Controls




Every day I read my email first.  It's my routine.  On Monday morning, The Insight for Living's email to me began with "God Controls the Details". I didn't really want to scroll down and read it... I woke up worrying already for the week ahead, hundreds of thoughts racing through my head as I hit the first cup of coffee.(Right now about half of you are shaking your heads saying to me "Why worry when you can pray?"....thank you - I know!  If I'm going to be real with you - I gotta tell you, sometimes I worry first and pray later!)  My email went on to say "The Lord remains in complete control of the smallest details of His creation; He is all-knowing and all-powerful. Knowing us as He does, He puts the necessary controls upon us." 

Necessary controls? I had never thought of it that way before.  If I was in control, every single prospective family that came my way would enroll.  If I got to decide... none of our school families would ever be affected by broken relationships, illnesses or hardships.  But since there is a divine purpose behind every trial God allows into our lives, I realize there are "necessary controls" He puts upon us sometimes. So, I'm glad I am not the one orchestrating lives, because never allowing anyone  to walk through hardship would actually make us weak and useless.  Christians continue to face trials and challenges while on this earth and will keep facing them until our time here has ended. Those that learn to lean into Him during the times of struggle and unrest, find Him faithful again and again.  It's the leaning part that slows us down sometimes.  Leaning implies weakness or inability to do it "on my own" right?  In reality - no one can do it on their own.  We need Him and we need one another. 

What things worry you?  Worry over your kid's grades? Fretting over finances? Stressing over all the details in life and how on earth to find the time to get everything done? Maybe you are a student struggling with friendships or time management...Whatever it is that steals your joy, don't let it anymore. God is faithful, and He knows us full well.  After all, we are His creation!


                                             







Comments