Dream Small

I recently heard a song on the radio that seemed written for me personally -Dream Small by Josh Wilson.  I am at a point in my life story where I find an uneasy pit in my stomach, feeling like life has passed me by and I no longer have a mission to accomplish.  Is this what MID LIFE feels like? All I know is that the curse of Adam/Eve is suddenly a real thing, with metabolism dropping, (along with body parts and bank accounts) reading glasses, creaking and cracking when we walk, empty calendar days, and talking about retirement coming up in a few years. How did all that happen?

These lyrics gave me some peace and maybe some direction that it's  OK to simply love God and love others as my calling.

Dream small
Don't buy the lie you've gotta do it all
Just let Jesus use you where you are
One day at a time
Live well
Loving God and others as yourself
Find little ways where only you can help
With His great love
A tiny rock can make a giant fall
Dream small


Keep loving, keep serving
Keep listening, keep learning
Keep praying, keep hoping
Keep seeking, keep searching
Out of these small things and watch them grow bigger
The God who does all things makes oceans from rivers





Comments